Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Henny Penny comes home to nest!


While mama's away that cats will play, well in this case the chicks will play. Today we got an excited call from my mother in law Birdie. Henny Penny hatched an egg. She had a visiting rooster for awhile. Sparky. Henny Penny is her little silkie. She has been sitting on several eggs for a few weeks and one cute little feather footed chick decided to emerge today. We are even more excited here at Front Yard Farms because Birdie has to leave for six days. No we never get excited when our beloved Birdie leaves town but in this case it means that we get to take care of Henny Penny and baby Sparket and her six other sibs that are waiting to hatch. I feel like I am in kindergarten again taking home the class pet. Talk about cute. I will add some pictures of all the cuteness when I can get a good shot of these little gals.

1 comment:

Rois said...

Lucky Lucky you,Chicks this time of year.I'd feel like a kindy too.
We are hoping at some point our Roo will do his job along with one of the hens and we will have some little darlings too.

Rois